The Academy Outpatient Mental Health Services
As part of our holistic approach to rehabilitation and recovery, our young women have the opportunity to receive mental health services through The Academy鈥檚 Outpatient Mental Health Program.聽 This clinic operates on New Outlook Academy鈥檚 campus which allows the students to participate with no disruption to the rigorous schedule they maintain at the school.
Based upon a referral from a placing agency, a family member or a staff member, any student can be assessed for participation in the mental health program.聽 If the results of the assessment warrant, a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation is then conducted by our licensed psychiatrist.聽 Subsequently, a prescription for treatment and/or medication management is designed based upon diagnosis and medical necessity.聽 The student will participate in the development of their Individualized Treatment Plan and therapy will be administered accordingly by our team of mental health therapists.
The Academy Outpatient Mental Health Program Credentials & Qualifications
- Licensed by the Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (OMHSAS)
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- Supervised by our Medical Director who is a licensed psychiatrist
- Administered by a full team of masters-level mental health therapists
- Works collaboratively with New Outlook鈥檚 inpatient drug and alcohol treatment team to provide comprehensive, co-occurring clinical treatment for all duel-diagnosed students
The Academy Outpatient Mental Health Program utilizes a multi-dimensional, tailor-made, eclectic approach to treatment that is specifically designed to meet the individual needs of the adolescent client utilizing the following:
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Co-Occurring Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment